Pre-Thermographic Imaging Instructions
Before you arrive for your thermography, certain protocols must be followed in order to ensure that your images reflect accurate information. Please read all of the instructions below.
It is important for proper imaging that you follow these guidelines.
*On the day of the exam, please do not use any lotions, creams, powders, or makeup on the body, hands, face and breasts.
* If bathing, it must be no closer than 2 hours before the exam.* No use of deodorants or antiperspirants.
* You must discontinue breast feeding for a minimum of 3 months before thermography.
* No prolonged sun exposure (especially sunburn) to the chest and breast areas 5 days prior to the exam.
* No shaving (or other types of hair removal) for 24 hours prior to the exam.
* No exercise 4 hours prior to the exam.
* Wear comfortable, loose clothing to your exam.
* No treatments (chiropractic, acupuncture, TENS, physical therapy, electrical muscle stimulation, ultrasound, hot or cold pack use) of the neck, back, chest, or breasts for 24 hours before the exam.
* Do not have hot or cold drinks, or eat for 2 hours before exam.
* Avoid caffeine, nicotine gums, patches and tobacco products the day of your exam.
* No physical stimulation of the breasts for 24 hours prior to the exam.
* If you are using pain medications, please avoid taking them for 4 hours prior to the examination. You must consult with the prescribing physician for his or her consent prior to any change in medication use such as this.